A HUMAN BRAIN PROJECT WORKSHOP ORGANIZED BY IDAN SEGEV, HUIB MANSVELDER, CHRISTOF KOCH AND ALAIN DESTEXHE
At this workshop, recent efforts to probe single neurons from human neocortex and explorations of their biophysical and molecular properties are presented.
Only a few teams in the world are working on this challenging topic, collecting rare data and so it is timely to have meeting among these groups.
During this meeting there will be lots of time for discussions about “what’s next?” “what is missing?” “What should be the next techniques to employ?” and where the research is heading.
The topics that will be discussed in the presentations are:
- Human pyramidal neuron morphology
- Pyramidal neuron simulations
- Human neuronal networks
- Genetic profile of human neurons and genetic tools
- Simulating the human cortical microcircuit
- Human interneuron characterization and identification
- Human excitatory synapses, plasticity and connectivity